RE: Toning cyanotypes

From: Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Date: 11/22/00-05:36:20 PM Z

Jamie-

You wrote:
> I'm thinking of toning some cyanotypes using a cold tea treatment
> that I found in "Alternative Photographic Processes" by Randall Webb
> & Martin Reed. Has anyone tried this? Does it make the print toned
> less archival than regular prints? Any other info would be
> appreciated.

I believe something like *everything* you'll need to know about cyanotypes
(at least for a good long while) is featured in the current issue of The
World Journal of Post-Factory Photography. Knowing that Judy (the founder,
publisher and editor - who often lurks on this very list) would hesitate to
tell you herself, may I suggest you contact her at mailto:jseigel@panix.com
and ask for a copy of your own. I've little doubt you'll want to subscribe
to this *very* fine photo-publication! It's not available at your Barnes
and Noble, nor at your Borders Books and Coffee....

Good luck!

Jon