Re: Big Trays

I had some custom made "big trays" for a researcher here.

Four 4ft by 12 ft 6 inch deep trays.  I had them made by a plastics shop.
Each one was $100 each.

This plastics shop principle business is making plastic displays and
containers for stores and supermarkets.  I think most moderate sized
cities would have at least one of these.

They are made of 1/8 inch sheet pvc (the same kind of plastic used for
plumbing pipes).  The plastic sheet is bent by heating it on a long
electric element.  I had them make u shaped troughs and glue the ends on
them.

The 1/8 inch thick plastic does not have much strength so it sits in a
plywood frame for support.

The more adventurous "do it yourselfer" could use a thicker platic, a heat
gun and a plywood form to make whatever size they want.

Gordon J. Holtslander		Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca		112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg	University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433		Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461		Canada  S7N 5E2