Re: Direct Duplicating Film

> Feeling more like a salesman than I should - I have a large amount of Kodak
> LPD4 direct positive film in large sizes (I believe up to 20x24)  that I
> would love to get out of my basement. If you might be interested in
> experimenting with some, let me know...
> Cheers to all, Ed
>
> glassact@compuserve.com

 At the University of the Arts in Philadelphia we were given, by an
enterprise going digital, 3 different kinds of duplicating film that range
in size from 8x10 to 14x17 to even larger. We were also given a contact
printer that uses black light bulbs but not as close and strong as in the
average unit for exposing non-silver work. With this unit we make great
contact negatives on duplicating film from glass plate negatives, film view
camera negatives, inkjet on acetate negatives, drawings, textured papers and
photogram materials. Overly thin or dense negatives can be corrected by
under or over exposing onto the duplicating film. Years earlier I'd
struggled to make enlargements onto Kodak's 8x10 SO dupe film with only fair
results but now I see how well this donated dupe film by Dupont and Fuji can
perform with uv light and contact printing and I'm excited about it.

So I would recommend that someone try Ed Stander's film, maybe using a
non-silver exposure unit with very quick exposures. And if nobody else wants
the film, Ed, maybe we do, depending on where you live.

Sarah Van Keuren