Re: Kodak SO-339 Direct Duplicating Film

Jenfieldny@aol.com wrote:

> i tend to agree more with chris than with jeffrey, but than again, <snip>

I would say that for the price that Chris quoted , I would go the positive to
negative route.  I just bought a box of 4125 8x10 50sh for $158.00, a superior
film to SO 339 ( SO 149).  While it does require that you make a positive or
start with a monochrome non red original, it produces excellent negatives.  It is
an ortho product and can be used  under safe light conditions.  If you are in a
hurry or are happy with good quick results the use of SO 339 can be fine.  Better
results can be achieved with a two step process.  I find that the BIG advantage
to the multiple step enlarged negative to be one of contrast control at both ends
of the curve as well as along the straight line portion. More editing choices for
the final print appearance.

--
Eric J. Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite #9