Re: Some new imagery! - Feedback

dalrymple wrote:

> Hello Thor,

Actually , I'm Keith...  Thor was the guy attacking my work...

> I viewed your infra red photography and I like the ethereal quality the
> images have.

That's exactly what I enjoy most about the IR imagery...  The soft fantasy-like
quality they can evoke..

> Some of the images are very imaginative (The Wolf Awakens, for
> instance).

Thanks!

> I also viewed some of your other images, and I know "style" has a lot to do
> with commercial photography.  Your work is admirable, but I just don't care
> for current  fashion "styles" (the fashion ads in the Los Angeles Times test
> my patience--maybe it's the clothes--I'm a jeans and over-sized t-shirt type
> {:->

So am I...  And current fashion styles tend to drive me nutz too..  Fortunately
I don't see much of the "Heroin chic" stuff anymore..

> Banff, Canada and Lightning on Rim of Grand Canyon are stunning.

Thanks again!

> "King's
> Canyon National Park" is very dark on the left side, but that works with the
> "film strip" put in that location.  In Moraine Lake, Canada, something wants
> me to move the camera more to the left.  You used the "V" of the log and
> rocks well, though, to point the viewer the the scenery ahead.

Yay a real critique!  You are the best!

> I think your infra red work is my favorite.  Did you do some digital
> rendering on the model's face in these images?

Which model?

> Something just looks
> "not-quite-right" (but still fascinating) about her face.

Depends which images... No digital rendering, but the images are scanned
directly from the negatives at 4000 dpi..

> What format do you use?

35mm...

Nikon bodies, generally fast glass - 2.8 or better...

A tripod and lots of patience for everything but the sports and entertainment
stuff..  I took Galen Rowell seriously when he said to shoot 35mm as if one is
shooting medium or large format, so I try to make each shot count...

Keith

--
{           For the latest on the 1270/870/875DC Orange-Shift Issue          }
{                 Head to http://www.p-o-v-image.com/epson/    or            }