Re: bubbles in gelatin/keith/thor

I am going to comment on a few things here.  first of all, i sent comments to
the list about my statement wtiht he nastiness thing, and they seemed to have
gotten lost in the mail. i guess in a simialr way, without me noticing, that
happened with the other people.  i have now hit "reply all" so i wil see what
happens. however, it is not consistnat becuase my gelatin comments went
through just fine.
gelatin first:

In a message dated 10/11/00 5:37:16 PM, dsbryant@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< > In a message dated 10/11/00 1:45:43 AM, msandquist@joshuanet.com writes:

> << There are also commercial products known as defoaming agents in the

> most generic sense. >>

> Yes, there is something called LFN Defoamer that I used to use in

developer

> to stop pinholes with infrared film.  I think it is still avaiable in

camera

> stores.  I think the stuff was original used to cut air bubbles in

processing

> machines, but do not quote me on this.

Did this work successfully with your IR development?

Don Bryant

yes, it did work.  jsut put a few drops in the gallon of stock developer.
however, i have gotten really good at carefully agitating and i think that
helps just as well. don, if you want to know how i do it, write to me off
list and i will send you instructions on what i do.  i have taught this in
workshops and it seems to work well.

now, to comment again on the thor/keith thing:    this is what i had written
and as i look back to cut and pasate now, it did go to keith instead of the
list!
i think the main issue is that these images do not fit at this site, which is
alternative processes. try some of the "glamour" sites that may understand
this work. personally, i never did understand this kind of imagery and it
always amazes me that you can find women that will do it. however, i am an
infrared photographer and what i usually like about the film is that it can
be used in a subtle way, so that it may look a little softer and ethereal,
but it does not hit you in the face.  i do not understand why you are using
it.  it does not add to the images, in fact the harsh shadows take away from
the figures.
so, that is a short cirtique without being nasty. however, if keith and thor
are the same person, that is really sick.
please do not respond to this - opinions do not need to be answered and i
will not continue with this discussion.
jill