[Off Topic] Re: dual ID's

Hi Gang:

Keith wrote:

(snip)
It's just too easy to take cheap
> shots you don't have to take responsibility for when you write under a
> pseudonym (right Cowboy? - and if anyone is accused of being "Thor", maybe
it
> should be "Cactus", since they agree so much on both substance and the
proper
> style for critique, and are both pseudonyms - but I digress)...

As I stated in my first posting to this list (on 6SEP00), my name is Dave
Rose.  "Cactus Cowboy" is only a silly nickname.  I live at 1170 Del Rio
Road, 4 miles south of Powell, Wyoming.  My home phone number is:
307-754-0767.  Or you can reach me at work: 307-754-5440 (8AM - 5PM MST).
Give me a call, I'd love to hear from you.

As a pedantic smart-aleck and frequent contributor to cactus related forums
on the web, I've been the occasional target of ad-hominem attacks.  So I
understand Keith's frustration and annoyance with Thor.  Sorry I didn't
recognize Thor's fallacious posting for what it was - an ad-hominem attack.

As for dual ID's.... yes it does occur.  Some time ago I was viciously
flamed by a 'Mr. X' (in another forum).   Mr. X was very easy to trace,
thanks to his AOL address.  Months later this same clown slammed me (same
forum) under a pseudonym.  His writing style was instantly recognizable, so
I responded to his ad-hominem attack with a reasoned argument while fully
exposing him (his correct name, address, phone number, email address,
etc...).  Interesting fall out from that one.  :-)  Of course, the best
response to flaming is to ignore it.

Keith again:

> Given the turn this has taken, I am SURE others will be loathe to open
> themselves up to ANY criticism on this list or present any opinion... It's
> sadly rapidly reducing itself to a "coffee klatch" amongst those who share
the
> same opinions, with a bunch of vicarious observers subscribing to hear the
> opinions of the self-proclaimed experts..

Don't be so sure.  I will never hesitate to offer my opinion - or take the
slings and arrows that may result from my having voiced it.  For those who
are 'offended' by strong opinions - please get a life!  This is only an
inconsequential photo forum on the internet.  Nobody has the right to never
be offended (despite the best efforts of the politically correct thought
police).

Keith again:
To the rest of you, it is clear I have little place
> on this list and much less usefulness to it yet...
>
> So, as I said Thor wins..  I leave...

No.  Don't even think of unsubscribing.  Your contributions are useful and
do have a place on this list.

Just one man's opinions....

Dave Rose AKA Cactus Cowboy
Big Wonderful Wyoming