Re: darkroom negs./ digital negs.

I'm with you, Jill; just spent many hours in the darkroom but with Forte
paper, for the first time, Elegance FB warmtone, and it was so incredible.
I am so impressed; it prints creamy with great highlight detail.  Granted,
it is not alt process...but I am handcoloring them, does that count?  Speed
is a bit slower, 160 vs Ilford 500.  Drydown on Ilford matt is usually so
astronomical that I forever misjudge and print too dark.  This did not dry
down much at all, at least, not much compression of tone like I see in
Ilford.  Now to see if it hand colors as well as they say.
     I've heard on one of these lists that Forte and Bergger paper are one
and the same (?) but maybe I am mixing up my names, anyway, they behave the
same.
Chris
> I just spent many hours in the darkroom vs Dan's 3 minutes at his
computer. I
> used Bergger film for the first time and was very impressed with it.  The
> positives are beautiful and I will make the negs. from them on Thursday.
For