RE: problems with Temperaprint

I did indeed have to do multiple coats.
I also had to use more pigment than in Pete's recipe.
Maybe due to the brand and type used?
I used Liquitex in the squeeze tubes.
I am curious- Pete what brand/type of pigment do you use?

As Pete mentions below, I also used a small foam roller to do the coating.

Unfortunately, my images were of high contrast to begin with so may not
be the best test of the process.
They were monochromatic, and I used dark pigments.

I do plan on trying some color separations using the process and see how it
goes.
I'll chime in to the list with an update of how it goes when I have more
time.

> Firstly as you surmised it is a multiple coat process !
> however if you  use
> a strong pigment coating you will be able to obtain a fully graduated
> monochrome image in
> three coats not  too onerous. it takes me approximately two
> to three hours
> to obtain a full multicolour print  in CYMK ,which again compares
> favourably with other dichromated colloid image making systems. Also a
> contone negative image is perfectly usable normally three
> printing would be
> required to produce a fully scaled tonal result , however we prefer a
> stochastic image generated through a computer for obvious reasons.

SNIP

> Pete
>
> Ps We also use a four inch plastic foam roller which gives a
> very even coat

Dave Ewaldz