Re: Off Topic - Zia/Political Correctness, was Re: specks and ziatype

Hi

FWIW you have my thanks for

1) reminding certain persons that the world, unlike certain academic
corridors, is not PC

and

2) That the USA is not the world, and that this is an International list

I do appreciate that this is election time in the US and I am heartily
grateful that this list has remained relatively free of political overtones
relevant to it (unlike certain other lists, one of which I have had to
unsubscribe to because of the flood of OT stuff). So thank you. Scotland's
First Minister was buried yesterday, having died suddenly and tragically at
63, in office and at work, so politics is not really the favourite topic
round here right now.

I would say the above on-list but I feel I would be treading in an area that
has no relevance to me, and while I disagree with a pretty wide range of
Judy's somewhat woolly thinking, I'm not out to get her.

Regards

Rod