PC or not PC

I know this is off topic but I just had to jump in with the story about a
town council that was approached by a NOW chapter that
wanted the council to rename all the "manholes" "personholes."

Did it happen? I don't know but it could have. At our college there
are no "chairman" anymore. They are known as "chairpersons" or
sometimes as "chair", as in, "Prof. Robert W. Schramm, Chair of the
Department of Physics." That would be an antique, well padded chair, of
course.

Recently I have heard the term, "person of color." I wonder what
color that means. I, myself, am sort of pink with white hair.

Bob Schramm