Re: Silverfast software

I have used the Silverfast software with both Nikon and Umax scanners, and
find it to be amzing stuff.  I had expected it to afford me with greater
flexibility, but was astonished with the remarkable color quality and shadow
detail that it provides.  I was left wondering why, if the scanner is
capable of these results, does the original manufacturer not make the extra
effort to provide better software?

It is expensive, though.  My suggestion: download a copy from one of the
"warez" sites and try it out.  If you like it, do the honorable thing and
buy a legitimate version.

The Silverfast software, especially with the IT8 target, is quite