Re: alternative processes.

Linda,

Certainly everyone has their own reason for embracing the "alternative"
processes.  I think, for me, it is a reaction to the glut of overly
manipulated "Photoshop" work.  Nowadays, ANYONE can be a Jerry Uelsmann.
But the alternative processes have never been forgotten.  My own interest
was sparked by seeing the work of George Tice, an American photographer who
used the Platinum process havily in the 60s and 70s.  He had many followers.

As to the relative interest in alternative processes in the UK vs. America,
I'm not sure you're correct.  At least your basis for comparison needs to be
examined.  I have traveled extensively in both countries, and I think I find
the opposite to be the case.  In any event, do not be swayed by the
cancellation of the Bath APIS conference. Perhaps if you sat down and
thouroughly read the archive of this list, and of the photohistory list, you
will spot the obvious:  in not attending the Bath conference, people were
not rejecting the subject matter, but rather the conference's organizer, a
pompous, insufferable, sexist blowhard by the name of Terry King!  I'm
totally serious.