Re: John Rudiak killed on motorcycle

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 FDanB@aol.com wrote:

> John was a valuable member of the photographic community, always willing
> to share his knowledge and craft.
>
> I'll miss his expertise, his talent, and his friendship.

 I never met John face to face, but still felt at the news that I'd lost a
friend. I got some sense of his knowledge when he reviewed "The Ansel
Adams Guide:  Book 2" for P-F #2, picking up a raft of error missed by
lesser mortals without even breathing hard. I was *very* proud to publish
it. Here is his "blurb" (or bio) from that article, of course just the tip
of the iceberg, and condensed for the limited space, but suggesting the
larger picture:

John Rudiak, founder and owner of "Alchemy Printmaking" in Taos, New
Mexico, has taught photography at all levels, from RISD to printmaking
workshops around the country. While a photochemist at Sprint Systems, he
worked on developing contemporary and antique photo processes and writing
the technical literature. Among recent [1998] Alchemy projects is the Jazz
Portfolio printed in platinum... and two portfolios in albumen."

Dan and David Michael, please please, be careful. Also, be lucky.

Judy