Re: Three-color gum prints

From: Editor - P.O.V. Image Service (editor@p-o-v-image.com)
Date: 09/07/00-02:58:29 AM Z

Cor Breukel wrote:

> ..I do not believe that is true; we just acquired a Nikon coolscan Ls
> 2000 slidescanner which is capable of "hard & real" 2700 dpi, and I read
> a review that there are scanners even capable of around 4000,..bit too
> expensive though. For flatbadscanners I do not know..

You are quite right Cor...

Both the Polaroid SprintScan 4000 and the Microtek ArtixScan 4000 will give you
4000 dpi scans of 35mm slides and negatives for about $1500 retail..

Kodak has just released a new 35mm format, 3600 dpi scanner for $1300, with a
3.6 dMax range, that will batch scan up to 36 slides..

FYI, I use the Polaroid SprintScan 400, go it about a month after Polaroid
released it, last summer.. I love it..

Judy, being just outside the city myself, if you want I can do a sample scan of
a neg for you with the SprintScan..

Keith

--
{           For the latest on the 1270/870/875DC Orange-Shift Issue          }
{                 Head to http://www.p-o-v-image.com/epson/                  }