RE: Advances in CCD to go with Canon

From: Joachim (joachim@microdsi.net)
Date: 09/12/00-06:19:34 PM Z

The PR release on the CMOS technology referred to grayscale 4M but did not
discuss the downside as compared with CCD. It is intrinsic to all technology
that there will be trade-offs, and speed may well be one of them. There are
also potential film advances, such as the one announced by Agfa recently.
Meanwhile, our photography technology has advanced substantially in the 20th
Century, but it is still hard to beat some of the work done by artists with
uncoated lenses, a hat for a lens shade, and diamine developers. Aren't we
still using 19th century fixers? Joachim