Re: Back-saver suggestions?

From: {USER_FIRSTNAME} {USER_LASTNAME} (bellis4505@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/14/00-06:21:03 PM Z

For several years I carried a Tachihara 4x5, a Darkroom Innovations
darkcloth (smaller and lighter than the standard horse blanket), several
lenses (210 APO Symmar, 150 G Claron, 300 Nikon M), several film holders,
and a light meter around in a canvas bag designed for a 35 mm system. I put
the camera on a Bogen 3021 (I think) tripod with an Arca Swiss head and
slung that over my shoulder. You might try something like that. I don't
think the camera, lenses, etc. weighed more than seven or eight pounds - the
Tachihara itself is just under four pounds. You may miss the bellows
extension on the Wisner if you use long lenses (over 300 mm) but the
Tachihara is a nice camera and a good value for the money though they seem
to keep increasing the price. I think they're now around $700, up about $200
from a few years ago.