Back-saver suggestions?

From: Matthew Hoffman (mhoffman2@sprynet.com)
Date: 09/14/00-05:18:07 PM Z

My back and I could sorely use some advice:
    I've recently had back surgery--not the first, unfortunately--and I find
I can't manage the combined weight of a 4x5 Wisner, heavy Ries tripod, and
the rather remarkable poundage of assorted lenses.
      I'm not very familiar with other products, ancient or modern, that are
out there. Can anyone suggest lighter 4x5s and smaller lenses that would
satisfy? I'm not hiking mountains, but a lighter system that I can carry in
a shoulder bag would make traipsing the streets of Philadelphia a bit
easier. I don't need extensive camera movements, but I'd hate to give up all
front rise/fall and rear swing and tilt. I have medium-format cameras, but
I'd like to keep using 4x5 if I can get the weight down.
    Thanks! Off to take an aspirin...
-- Matthew Hoffman