Re: Tutti Nudi

LAShively@aol.com
Date: 09/15/00-12:59:36 AM Z

I have resisted saying anything 'til now.

In a class I was required to take (Photo I, basically 35 mm B/W - had already
been in business for a couple of years, but wanted to get instruction on the
basics, got instruction on politics instead) one of the early critiques
included a framed 11X14 color photo of a woman on all fours with her butt in
the air on the beach (yes, DBCC in case anyone is listening) nearly
naked...of about 20 ppl in the class (all ages ranging from pubescent to
elder...this photo belonged to an older person of the male "white"
persuasion...)

I was one of four women in the class and THE ONLY one, who, when called upon
to speak asked "Why is this particular color 11x14 photograph being shown in
this 8X10 b/w critique..." and "I am offended and appalled that it exists AND
is allowed to be shown in a beginning b/w photo class critique..."

Needless to say the instructor had a fit and sided with the (pervert)
photographer as did the other males in class. I expected this. I was shocked
that the other three women (not necessarily youger - most seemed to be around
late 20's, early 30's and one in early 20's) were totally silent, until after
class when they, in unison agreed with my objections.

Also, my disagreements did reflect in my grades from this instructor, who
will remain anonomous....for now. Any one know GM at DBCC?

Looking forward to YOUR input - Cheers!

Leslie
L.A. Shively
Photographer/Writer
http://www.portfolios.com/LAShively
http://www.SilverEyes.com (under construction)
Phone/Fax: 505-884-0385
LAShively@aol.com

The Democrats claim Algore grows on you. So do warts.