Point source UV

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/16/00-05:56:08 PM Z

Sandy,

Yes, I understand your point (no pun intended);-)

Actually I built the light bank in order to produce large
cyanotypes. Since the distance from the lights to the surface
of the sensitized paper is maybe 9-10 ft. the exposures are
measured in hours. This is not a problem since its not like I
intend to turn out a large number of very large prints.

No, I have not done any tests on sharpness. I use a bank of BL
flourescenbt tubes for most of my work.
When I first started doing alt process I used the sun but went to
artifical sources because sunlight is so variable. The artifical
sources are more constant. I guess its the scientist coming out.

Since I can unplug all but one unit, I might try making an exposure
say 2 ft from a single unit and comparing that to the BL bank to
see if there is any noticable difference. I suppose I should do a
sun exposure as well. Sounds like a project.

Bob