list trouble ?? (who is Valerie, where is she?)

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/27/00-01:04:59 PM Z

I received this message from a list friend, and pass it along in case
there's an answer out there. I myself have been getting 4 or 5 list
e-mails a day (less than satisfactory comments about what makes
photography art, but that's not this problem).

Judy

... is the alt-photo list gone?

I had not seen any traffic for quite a while, sent a test message to the
list, and it was returned to me saying that 'there is no Valerie Matthews at
Teradyne.'

Any ideas?