Re: list trouble ?? (who is Valerie, where is she?)

valerie_matthews@notes.teradyne.com
Date: 09/29/00-10:58:29 AM Z

This is very strange....I'm a lurker. There was a problem with my e-mail
at work. I was wondering what
all the talk about 'Valerie' was about and it was ME all the time!

To introduce myself - I'm primarily a large-format black and white
photographer. I'm in the MFA program
at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. This summer I went to
the two week workshop at
Anderson Ranch in Making Digital Negs for Platinum Prints with Dan
Burkholder and Katherine Turczan.
It was an amazing course - both the instructors and the material. I've
always loved platinum prints.

Being in a very conceptual school (where video and installation are hot
media)
and doing things like large-format photograph and platinum makes
me feel like I should have been born 75 or 100 years ago. Anyone else feel
that way?

If there are any people in the Boston or New England area who have printed
alot of platinum,
I would love chat and perhaps show some prints at some point.

I've really enjoyed the list discussion.

Val

Steve Shapiro <sgshiya@redshift.com> on 09/28/2000 12:20:24 AM

Please respond to alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca