numbenclature

> The English term digitography is a complex word combined of
 >digit+o+graphy. The term +graphy is an actually Greek word which means
>"writing". So digitography means "writing with digits". So what do you >think
is more appropriate : digitography or digitalography that would mean
>"digital writing"?

 >Konstantina €  Greece

Yes, it is true the root, "graphy" is Greek and does refer to writing. Like
the 1st suggestion of 'Heliography' as a name for our cherished medium. It
was, I believe, Sir. William Herschel's suggestion it be 'properly' referred
to as Photography. Photo referring to 'light.'

When you use 'digit-o-graphy I think of the finger, the Latin origin. I
write WITH my fingers, or rather, more 'proper', I use my fingers to write.

Digit also refers to our primary number of 1 through 9, or perhaps more
'proper' is to say from 0 through 9. Digital, which we say is different from
analogue, also refers to the use of fingers but also means calculations done
by using discrete units. We know these to be zero and one, or, yes and no.

Another term for zero, most often used in Britain, is 'ought'. Therefore,
since so many of us are doubtful of not only what to call this picture
creation method employing verisimilitude, but also whether to use it. I say,
let us cal it . . . . .
oughtonegraphy.

Cheers
Jack Fulton