Re: Wide lenses for 12x20 @ 300mm

George Huczek wrote:

>A 19" Dagor will give more than enough coverage - up to 20x24 in fact when
>stopped down. I don't know where Richard got his information that Dagors
>will not cover 12x20, but it is not correct.  I can confirm Kerik's
>comments about the 14" 7.7 Carl Zeiss Dagor as well - enough coverage for
>14x17 for sure, with some movements.

Richard was talking about the 12" Dagor not covering 12X20, not Dagors of
all focal lengths!! Covering 12x20 should be pretty easy, at least in
theory, for most 14", 16 1/2" and 19" Dagors. In fact, I have seen both 14"
and 16 1/2" specimens that *did* not cover 12X20. Unfortunatley, and for a
variety of reasons, you can not assume that a given Dagor will cover as
much as some of the stated literature. Some do, but others cover less.

Sandy King