Re: applying images to ceramics

The expert here is Galina Manikova in Norway. Our archives hold some info on
this @
http://members.nbci.com/altphotoprc/alt97a/1785.html

However, you can have decals made, or make them yourself. The decals can be
made in various colors. You can use glaze paints to color. You can layer
them (very carefully) to achieve color.
One such place, in Canada is:
www.decalcraft.com/index1.htm#Ceramic%20Decals

There is a company in, I think, Ohio, J. H. Dedouche, who manufacture those
familiar photographs seen on tombstones. They will make a porcelain clad
metal image up to, again I think, 8"x10". You can most likely find their
address by searching the web, or by visiting your local cemetery.

Another company in Santa Rosa, CA . .Fireform Porcelain, make photographs on
porcelain AND in color or b/w. I have seen their work, visited their
factory, and had bids made for commissions. The work costs a lot but I have
seen a mural sized image of aspen trees in full fall yellow brilliance
approximately 3 feet by 8 feet in size.
Their site is:
www.fireform.com/

Cheers