Re: van-dyke mess

Emma, using a kit costing $23 to get less than $1 worth of chemicals, and
>then you don't know what you've got and STILL as we see have to do it
>*right,* is going around Robin Hood's barn. The formula is extremely
>simple and simple to make and lasts indefinitely. Get it from Keepers of
>Light, or surely someone has it on a web page. THREE ingredients only.
>Simply weigh and stir.
>
>AND, just so I'm not always plugging Post-Factory, I'm sure folks on list
>will recommend sources of the chemicals. Or start with Artcraft,
>1/800/682-1730, assuming you're in US. There are even cheaper sources of
>bulk silver nitrate if you want to buy a *pound* or even a KILO and share
>with a friend. The silver nitrate also keeps indefinitely -- and you can
>go all sorts of other places with it.

I know what I used, I just had no idea why I got the results I got...one of
my professors said that it might be from coating the paper to heavily and or
not diluting the solution enough. I figured since the kit had some clear
instructions it would be good to try first since I've not done it before.

Thanks for the information.  I'll have to get my hands on the keepers of
light book. My professor suggested something that was in that book.

thanks,
emma