old film

I still work w/ lith film from either 1948 or 1958. Whatever. It is old.
It is also darned fogged but I can toss in a little benzotriazole or Pot.
Bromide and it'll do.
Paper?
Went to my local store just 'tuther day. Am working w/Halochrome to
'silver' the image. Wanted to try the newish Ilford cold tone RC gloss which
works wonders w/Halochrome.
Also grabbed a box of 11 14 Kodak RC gloss. Got to the counter and they
said, pointing a small coded number, "Aha, this is paper from 1988! Most
likely it is not any good any more. Here, we'll give it to you." That is one
of the joys of purchasing from your local store. I've now tested it and
cannot . .  repeat, cannot . . tell any difference. I think the storage is
important.
jack fulton