Re: old film

I've picked up several rolls of discontinued Kodak film from ebay for old
folding cameras in sizes 122 and 116, mostly Verichrome pan.  I've also
purchased several old folding cameras with rolls of film in them, partially
exposed.  My goal is to finish the roll and make a contact print.  I'd like
to see several shots, obviously from the 1920's. 1930s, etc., completing it
with a shot of the Flatiron Building in NYC with a VW New Beetle going by or
a similar anachronism.  I've asked Kodak about how to develop the film, but
they weren't that helpful.  They suggested I slice off a piece and develop it
to check for fog, adjusting the development time to compensate.  I can't
bring myself to cut into 60 year old film and ruin a frame.  I hope I can
figure a way to develop it and correct for fog digitally.  Do you have any
suggestions?

John McAdam