hazards of warnings...

>ke sure you do not allow children to handle these chemicals,
>understand any antidote requirements, keep airborne dust at a very
>minimum, do not dump the crap down a drain - dispose of in a recommended
>manner. Keep poison control phone numbers handy, wear gloves, apron and
>eye protection, learn all potential reactants, and do not experiment
>without knowing what you are doing.

Herbert, I not sure that I am clear about what "crap" not to dump down
the drain. I suspect most reasonable people would not disagree that
purchasing concentrated powered chemicals... lets just say
dichromates... and bringing them home, opening the bottles and dumping
them down the drain is the wrong thing to do. But are you saying that a
highly diluted rinse water with minute traces of dichromate has too
much crap in it to go down the drain?? and does that include the rinse
water from the Ware cyanotype formula? it also contains ammonium
dichromate.
If your warnings are as you say, intended to educate the foolish, the
ignorant or the uninformed, I'd like to see detailed specifics of the
hazards supported by evidence of research. I would feel better helped
by educated warnings that would apply to the proportions of chemicals
used in alt photography. I don't think the generic industrial warnings
for accident and contamination apply to the artist in his studio. Like
others have mentioned, I too am observing the issue of proportion.
Perhaps when your emotions cool abit you'll be able to hear this too.
garimo