Re: platinum/palladium coating - exposing POP

Istvan ,  Are you mixing your AFO and lithium in a batch and then dispensing
small amounts for each coating? You also failed to mention your procedure.
As this list has kicked around, there are many Blank o types when it comes
to making what once might have been called a platinum print, so it is
important to trouble shooting to let us know what else you are doing.

The glass may warm up to higher than acceptable levels.  Rather than several
contact frames, I use different pieces of glass.  This not only lets the
glass cool back down after use, it allows me to set up another negative for
printing with any light blocking mask, borders, etc, that the print
requires.

I don't make many pure lithium palladium prints, but all that I recall are
quite cool much like a platinum only print.

I  would also suggest that you can use a small fan to help remove the hot
air from under the light source.  While your glass will still warm up some,
this will help tremendously.

Eric J. Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite #9
Dallas, TX 75226