Re: old cameras and personal film speed

<snip>
> What is a zone plate?  > --shannon

A zone plate is a 35 mm piece of film exposed to a bullseye looking pattern,
that is placed in front of the pinhole, allowing a larger pinhole fstop so
shorter exposures.  Mine is an f65 that I have mounted on a lenscap for the
front of my (40 yr. old inherited) Hasselblad.  It gives a very soft,
glowing image, and is really good with color film.  It also gives
characteristic haloes around the light sources.  Get one through Eric
Renner's pinhole resource website.  Oh, you have to be careful to make sure
to match the zone plate to the correct focal length to get stuff in focus.
With a view camera, you could, though, have a number of them and just make
sure the bellows match the focal length required.
Chris