Re: SX-70 manipulation

Can I ever, Don!  The best thing I found to use was a double ended stylus
etching tool that I got from the local college bookstore; it has a little
teeny weeny knob on each point at each end, and a nice sturdy handle.  It
was under $5.  Remember, start with small marks, and make sure your
markmaking style fits the image.
     Other tools that are great are the wooden clay sculpting tools, etching
tools that have a curved end and a point that is not sharp, toothpicks,
skewers as in the bamboo type, paper clips, nut picks, dental tools.
     Keep your film warm before shooting and your image tones will be
warmer--maybe not an issue where you come from, but in MT it IS an issue.
     You have all in all about 12 hr to manipulate an image if you don't
freeze it for later, but the easiest manipulation is within the first hour,
if not the first 15 minutes.    Start manipulating right away.
     That should get you started--if there is anything else you need to know
I can email you off list.

Chris