Re: SX-70 manipulation

Hi Patty,
> Where is the class you are taking?

The class is being given at the John C. Campbell folk school located in Brasstown, NC, www.folkschool.com.

I've never been to the school so I can't make any recommendations.

> I started doing sx-70 manipulations a
> few months ago and am still very much in the learning phase -- I could
> really benefit from a workshop!

You may very well be ahead of the curve if you've been doing it for a while.

> I've also started handcoloring black &
> white prints of the manips as well as "enhancing" the colors of color prints
> with pastels, oil paint sticks, and watercolor -- as I have little artistic
> talent in those areas, this has been quite a challenge -- but still fun.

Are you doing any handcoloring of digital prints? I have a friend who has been doing this with pastels. Also do you scan your SX-70 prints? If so I would be curious to see what you are doing.

> As for tools, I use the same tool I believe Christina talked about in her
> post. . .I've also used wooden skewers, but the tips get worn and I think
> I've damaged the nerve in my right index finger!!!  I am definitely going to
> give my stylus from my Palm a try, too. . .

I've got several different items to try, but I lost the "nail" to my Palm last week (I can't beleive I did that after three years of use) so I won't use it.

> I bought my tool from http://www.lightingmagic.com/sx70aces.htm.  They
> usually have others, but were out of stock.

Great link,BTW.

> I have also heard of using clay tools -- just haven't had time to get any.
>
> I'd be very intersted in hearing more about your workshop afterward and get
> any pointers/hints/etc you'd care to share!

I'll try to give a full report.

Thanks,

Don