Digital Camera update

Here is an article to pour gasoline on the CMOS vs CCD sensor debate.

http://www.eetimes.com/story/OEG20010403S0067

In this story it points out that CMOS sensors are used in the low end market
where there advantages are best utilized. This is at VGA resolution or
lower, about 1 mega pixel or less.

In the paper version of the story there is a picture of the chip. It is in a
$40 package and it is aimed at studio cameras. They do not discuss a cost
but I would expect $300. If anyone knows it might be interesting in that
they did point out it could be used in Digital still cameras because they
have lower data rate requirement / read higher quality image opportunity vs
video. But at one Mega pixel I wonder if this is realistic when we
supposedly have 3 to 6 megapixel cameras already.