waxed negs and heat gun

Hi All:

I decided to try making some waxed paper negatives. I assumed my wife
would not be happy if I used her "very expensive" sewing iron.  I needed a
different way of heating the paper.

I used a heat gun on a low setting, placed the paper negative (made with a
laser printer) on a piece of glass.  Heated the paper with the heat gun
and rubbed the wax onto the paper.  The wax melted and soaked into the
paper very nicely.

I don't know if anyone else has used this method.  It seems to work very
well.

Gord

Gordon J. Holtslander		Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca		112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg	University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433		Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461		Canada  S7N 5E2