RE: Contact Printer

At 09:04 AM 04/20/2001 +0800, you wrote:
>Oh, forget to say, for convention materials, making mask, etc.
>
>Regards
>Hisun

   You probably don't need a fancy contact printer. Especially if you are
pinting to enlarging paper or to film you need much less light then these
boxes provide. They were meant for use with _very slow_ contact paper.
About the only one left on the market now is Kodak Azo.
  I think what you need is a good printing frame. This is a frame with a
glass front and a spring loaded back. There are a number available but not
all are good. The frames sold by Bostick and Sullivan are of good quality
although a bit expensive. See their web site, at least to see what I am
talking about: http://www.bostick-sullivan.com
 When using a printing frame any convenient light source can be used. For
film or enlarging paper an enlarger works fine.
  There were many printing boxes, with built in lamps made over the years.
Some were pretty fancy  having a multiplicity of lamps which could be
individually controllable for burning and dodging. Burke and James made a
nice one but I've seen only one used. The Morse printers were intended
origially for printing of aerial camera negatives. They have 39
individually controllable Argon lamps, very nice but usable with Azo and
not much else becaue of the intensity of the source. Again, I don't think
you need anything beyond a good frame.
----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.