Re: Pyro ABC+

Martin,

The A solution should last months, so something must be wrong with your
batch. Did you use distilled water? Did you mix at too high a temperature?
(It's easier to mix at high temperature, but more stable if mixed at room
temp)

Next, the film base numbers are too high. TXT is a low-fog film. Regular
developers should give fb+f numbers of .07 or .08, and a pyro neg should
show only the faintest hint of stain color and a blue-channel reading of .11
or .12 in Zone 0. If the film is old it can show a heavier fog, and of
course spoiled chemistry can fog it too.

You need a batch of developer that stays in solution, and a test set of
negatives that don't show excessive fb+f levels, before you you can get any
farther tuning in results.---Carl

--
            Web site with workshop information and

                  **NEW PICTURE GALLERIES**