Re: Pyro ABC+

Hi all,

Thanks for your input Harold and Carl. Here are the latest batch of numbers
and information.

I mixed fresh Pyro this morning with distilled water at room temperature
(66 degrees F) Making sure all the ingredients were dissolved into
solution. I prepared only 500ml of solution A. All went well no precipitate
forming. It should be noted that I did not have a precipitate form on the
original batch of ABC+ until several days after mixing, these original
solutions were stored in clean 125ml brown glass containers completely
filled with no air trapped, plastic caps and wrapped with parafilm to
ensure a air tight seal. This could be explained buy the solution
"ripening". I will have to see what will happens several days from now with
this batch that I have handled the exact same way.

New tests were shot this afternoon and processed approximatively 6 hours
after mixing the fresh batch of ABC+ stock solution. The only inconsistency
is that I processed the film a bit warmer at temperature 73 degrees F. I
used the same dilution 1:2:75 in the Jobo Expert drum with the agitation
set at 4.  My results were not significantly different from the original
numbers, but you guys are the experts so let me know what you think.

All the density readings include film base fog. For each zone the first
number is at the densitometers neutral channel and the second is made using
the Yellow channel (blue).

No Exposure FB+F 	.14/.31
Zone 0			.23/.48
Zone I			.24/.51
Zone II		.36/.68
Zone III		.44/.84
Zone V			.75/.1.29
Zone VIII		1.45/2.25
Zone IX		1.66/2.55

I exposed a few sheets of film around the house and the negatives look
wonderful with good detail in the shadows and the highlights, reaching well
into Zone VIII+, holding detail. So what do you think? Bad batch of
Pyrogallol? Are my Temps too high? Too dilute a working solution? Is my
agitation to aggressive and maybe slowed down on the Jobo processor? Is my
ISO set too low for TXP?

Your input and time is much appreciated. It will be nice to get the film
processing aspect down and move onto some printing.

Thanks again for your help and input.

Marty