Re: Source for 1160 Printers for inkjet negatives

Perhaps for digital negatives the Cone system is worth the difference but for
making pictures on water color paper, I and several folks I talked to did not find
a compelling advantage on the 1160 over the OEM drivers and the MIS inkset.

But I wasn't happy with the negatives I made with the MIS inks either. For the sort
of work I do I did not find the smoothness of the digital negatives produced good
enough for Ziatype/Platinum, so I went out and got a bigger camera. Maybe the MIS
inks would be good enough for gum. Certainly a lot smoother then using black OEM
ink only.

For color 1270/2000p wins hands down. For black & white i'm still not convinced...

Guy