RES: Digital negatives for cyanotype

Hi Laszlo,

I have used digital prints for cyanotypes in the last 4 months with very
good results.

Starting with a 35mm negative, I use a Nikon Film Scanner with 2700 DPI to
digitalize the image. In Photoshop with Intellihance Pro plug-in, I adjust
the tonal range and size and make a reduction on DPI to 720.

In my Epson Stylus Color (the oldest model)I print the final negative in
Epson paper for 720 DPI (serial code product SO41062). I don't use
transparences because the texture and the power of covering by the ink. The
negative, in this stage is not transparent.

For make the transparence I use sunflower oil over a plate of glass with a
brush. The negative is hanged with clamps for 24 hs for homogenization. I
put the negative in a sanduich of blotting paper to absorv the excess of
oil.

The time of exposition must be set with a test strip.

For me, its works. I have used this negatives with cyanotype, vandyke, gum
and salt prints with very good results and the advantage resides in the fact
that's almost inexpensive.

I hope its help.

Regards,

Marco.