Re: Source for 1160 Printers for inkjet negatives

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 rgw@mediaone.net wrote:

> Many on the Epson list talk about switching back and forth between
> "compatible" inksets. The switch between the MIS archival color set
> and their Quad set is reported to be fine since the base of the inks
> are the same. It's just a matter of pulling one cart, wrapping it
> carefully in plastic wrap so it does not leak or dry out, putting in
> the other cart and printing a flush pattern for several pages to get
> the old ink out of the small reservoirs in the heads.

I was severely WARNED that once I took a cartridge out of the printer I
must NEVER replace it or I'd destroy the print heads from air getting into
the foam.  That may be like warnings from your mother about what will
happen if you kiss a boy on the first date.... but then again, the source
was someone whose advice has so far been excellent...

Judy