Re: why not small prints?

Big prints?
Perhaps it is some ploy to use hard to obtain, secret materials and
equipment to produce something that no one else can easily attempt.

It always seems, to me anyway, that the best and most interesting art is
that created from material, equipment, technique, and process that are
relatively simple, available, and known.

8x10 camera used for smaller format:
What is nice about an 8x10 is that it can relate to a personal distance,
as well as an intimate distance when it is cropped.  My boundary for the
division (which can be flexible) is about a size of 7x9.  An added
benefit of reducing from the 8x10 is that there is more room on the
edges of the film for handling.  If one wishes to be "pure" about it,
simply tape off the appropriate area on the ground glass and apply a
boarder mask of the same dimentions when printing.  This also provides a
benefit that if the camera gets bumped or moved slightly (or is hand
held), the original image format may be completely recorded.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/