Re: good 4x5 prints; hand made books; backpacking larger format cameras

I have "played with" handmade books. Wonderful activity. I'm far from an
expert. I learned a lot from a book entitled "Cover to Cover" by Shereen
LaPlantz (Publisher Lark Books, ISBN #0-937274-81-X). It is an activity for
a slow patient day.

I've never gotten good enough to want to "exhibit" them, but use them as a
fun way to present photographs to friends and family. For example, Karen and
I and 2 other couples rented a houseboat on Lake Powel for a week (a
wonderful vacation!), 3 of us were photographers. I collected images from
myself and the two others (telling them to send 3 each 5x7 prints of their
best shots). Made three handbound books with the work, kept one and sent the
others out to the other couples. A real fun "momento" that they have all
enjoyed.

--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com