Re: hand made books

Shannon wrote:

> If you were going to make a book for photos, would you print the photos on
> the paper you were going to bind into the book, or would you make the book
> and then mount the photos onto the paper separately?

It depends on the book, but thickness of prints pasted (it's called
tipping in) can add significantly to the thickness of the total book.
Page spacers can equalize this discrepancy out, but I don't like the
look. But, if I were doing, say more than ten images, I'd work on a
design where the pages were comprised of actual prints. You'd need to
keep this fact in mind as you printed. Also, bindings are an artform in themselves.
--
Darryl Baird