RE: size matters

I've been watching this discussion with interest...

The work that I  have found most personally satisfying, and that has been
best received by critics and collectors, is a series of images printed at 4
1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches.  The images are mounted on 11 x 14 board, with a
deep, 8 ply overmat.

 I've been working  on a new series at 5x7.  I struggled for a long time in
order to decide between 4 x5 and 5 x 7. I was amused that at  a point in
this thread someone referred to 8 x10 as a 'small' print...

I was pleased to learn this morning  that a very respected collector (with
drawers and walls) had purchased several of my images, and was looking
forward to seeing more work.

Not to contradict Dick's words, but my dealer pointed out in a recent
discussion that many collectors with city living spaces appreciate 'small '
prints, due to limited wall space.

My point, I suppose, is : print at a size that suits the image.  And if
you're printing at a size that you think suits the market, well, that's a
compromise that I'm just not willing to make.  To each his/her own...

I write this as a viewer who was totally blown away by a 4 x6 foot
cibachrome architectural study I saw at a show last weekend...

Best,

Tom