Re: Digital negatives for gum printing

Keith Gerling wrote:

.  I would really appreciate seeing
> ANY comparisons of gum prints using:
>
> 1) Black vs. color demonstrating color is better

I'm printing negatives today so tried to sneak in a black one for
comparison, but no matter what options I choose I get banding with
black, and am not interested in spending any more time with it. So I
won't be providing any data on the question one way or the other. Keith
says his negatives printed with black ink print gum just as good as the
negatives printed with color inks; I'll take his word for it but I still
have to print in color anyway, darn. Those black cartridges are so much
cheaper.

Judy said a while back that when she tries to print in color she gets
blue midtones or something. Different machines, different media; I get a
nice neutral black throughout. If black works for you, all the better.
Katharine