RE: Digital negatives for gum printing

Ok, since we're talking about expensive inks, I'll disclose a secret that
will save a fortune in ink, and doesn't involve the whole messy procedure
typically involved in refilling cartridges:

1) Insert Epson ink cartridges into the Printer.
2) Drill two tiny holes into the top of each of the cartridges.
3) As you print, occasionally top off the ink cartridges with a needle and
syringe.  (Buy ink from a place like MIS)
4) When the printer tells you its out of ink, briefly (and I mean VERY
briefly - so as to not introduce air) move the cartridge forward and then
reseat.  This resets the ink status.

During major negative printing sessions, I've been able to print many MANY
cartridges worth of ink without the printer knowing the difference!

Keith

Black cartridges are cheaper? -- from whom?  I'm testing a very cheap 3rd
party brand beginning with black, since I'm printing black -- and for
comparison went to J&R & got an official Epson black cartridge for the
1160.  It cost $24 (ouch) for an itty bitty thing.  The price for the
three-color pack was exactly the same...$24. I assume that's three times
as much ink (although I didn't examine them closely & nowhere have found
contents listed) -- if so, that would make the black 3 times the price.

Judy