RE: Digital negatives for gum printing

OK. I take back what I said earlier about inkjet negatives not being
ready for primetime gum use. The negatives (transparencies) from my
HP 970 printer still have slight banding that I don't think you can
completely eliminate. HOWEVER, on certain papers, such as Fab 5, the
image can look flawless, since the paper's slight linear texture is
more pronounced than that on the negative.

Sharp details still look sharp.

I'm using the cheap Arista transparencies from Freestyle (which is
identical to the Ilford sample I have, which they don't sell in the
US). The only problem is sometime the ink doesn't dry completely and
one sheet sticks to another...

Sam Wang