Re: Dmax of VD prints (paper choice)

Sandy King wrote:

> In fact there is no disagreement here at all. The Argyrotype process is the *most* paper
> sensitive process I have worked with.

Good to know this.

I just wish my favorite results weren't on such an expensive paper, why
not Lenox or Stonehenge or even Rives BFK. Actually, I also liked Rising
Bristol (plate finish) because it's extra warm (creamy) base added
another dimension to the velvety brown image. It is real cheap. On
another note, I also tested some old stationery from my commercial days
-- I have about two reams of the stuff -- which is a 100% cotton Cranes
bond (cream colored) paper. The results were very pleasing, but the
watermark was a bitch to avoid. It's nice to recycle this old paper, it
even has my name and old address in the margins... who needs a signature!
--
Darryl