Re: Dmax of VD prints

At 5:16 PM -0400 8/23/01, Darryl Baird wrote:
>Oh no, now I have to disagree with Sam too, boy am I in trouble!
>
>... that's what is so wonderfully wacky about alt-processes
>
>--
>Darryl Baird

Darryl,

Actually not. I have found some papers to print so poorly with VD
that I discounted them. So, if I may reverse my position, I'll agree
with you - nothing is constant in this business.

I don't think the differences are such that one might use them to
advantage though - the lower DMax papers are so yucky that nothing
will look good on them. Most of the decent ones do not vary a great
deal. Certainly not as much as fixing strength, length of fix, and
other factors might contribute.

OK, to change the topic a little: what causes bronzing in VD?
Recently I found it to be a lot more severe on the "bad" papers,
perhaps by coincidence?

Sam Wang